This project covers math standards related to both exponents & radicals. Students choose six of the ten key exponent and radicals vocabulary words, then match each of the chosen words to one of the six exemplar types. Students will then define and create a unique example for each word.
Students have the opportunity to use mathematical practices 2, 4, 6, and 8. Teachers can incorporate technology into the project or it can be done completely tech-free. Students develop a deeper understanding of exponents and radicals through this creative project.
The following downloads are included with this purchase:
- Exponents & Radicals Vocabulary Wheel Instructions for Teachers
- Exponents & Radicals Vocabulary Wheel Instructions for Students
- Exponents & Radicals Vocabulary Wheel Outline Master Copy for Students
- Exponent Rules Extension Wheel Outline Master Copy for Students
- Exponents & Radicals Vocabulary Wheel Grading Rubric
- Exponents & Radicals Vocabulary Extension Task Suggestions
- Exponent & Radicals Vocabulary Wheel Student Sample
For more Project Based Learning with Mathematics available at my store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Absolute-Value