-This product has been updated on August 2017-
In this fun and engaging project students step into the shoes of a store designer. Students design the exterior and interior for a new retail store. They will make up a retail store of their choice (bakery, fashion boutique, shoe store etc.) and start to transform a shoe box into a retail store.
Before students start to build their store, they will answer questions, draw a floor plan and make a sketch of the store sign and exterior design on the provided worksheets. At the end, students will present their store to the entire class.
This product includes:
1. an editable Power Point Presentation
2. 4-page student worksheets
The PPT includes:
- 27 slides
- description of the project
- real student examples
- background information about store layouts (free-flow, grid, spine and loop layout)
The worksheets include:
1. A description of the project
2. A checklist for students of all the tasks that have to be finished (can be also used as a marking guide)
3. Mark allocation
- Type of retail store (fashion boutique, shoe store etc.) (1 mark)
- Name of your retail store (1 mark)
- Describe your target customers (kids, teens, women, men, families.............
Draw in the box below a sketch of the exterior store design (amount of front windows, style of front door............
I would love to hear how you incorporated this project in your class. Enjoy this project! :)
You might also like:
Free PPT: "How to name Ionic Compounds".