Students will be able to collect data and create a bar graph.
Students will be able to multiply whole numbers
Students will be able to add and subtract whole numbers and decimals
Students will be able to write a multi- paragraph essay
Students will understand essential concepts about financial literacy and purpose of math and writing in an authentic setting.
What essential questions will be considered? What understandings are desired?
1. What is a successful business?
2. What are some successful businesses today?
3. How do successful businesses begin and thrive?
1. Conduct business research from potential customers and graph results (bar graph)
2. Stock the store and determine start up costs (adding decimals)
3. Create business cards (symbols)
4. Executive Summary ( multi paragraph writing)
5. Search for investors
6. Interview with loan officer
7. Multiple other activities to enhance presentation