This Bacteria and Viruses Power Point and Notes resource includes over 80 slides and provides an engaging visual approach to learning high school Biology content. The content is comprehensive enough to be used in place of a textbook if necessary, but since it’s editable, you can customize it to complement any text or other resources you are using by adding, removing, or rearranging slides. Three versions of notes are also included!
Please Note: This product is also part of my DISCOUNTED PowerPoint Bundle for Biology.
This download includes 8 files:
2. PowerPoint presentation with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
Prokaryotes and Viruses Outline:
I. Introduction to Prokaryotes
II. Identifying Prokaryotes
III. Nutrition & Reproduction
IV. Roles of Bacteria
VI. Bacterial and Viral Diseases
Key Terms and Concepts covered in this presentation include:
• obligate anaerobes
• obligate anaerobes
• facultative anaerobes
• binary fission
• lytic cycle
• lysogenic cycle
• Alexander Fleming
• Edward Jenner
You might also like:
Prokaryotes and Viruses Task Cards
Prokaryotes and Viruses Review Qubes