Students will review pronoun-antecedent agreement rules with these task cards that ask students to choose the correct pronoun and unscramble a 20-letter secret phrase to win the gamei.
This product IS included in my escape room bundle:
Secondary English Escape Room Bundle
Your download includes (in .pdf format, which cannot be edited):
* 80 subject-verb agreement questions on 20 task cards
* one practice task card to model for students how to fill in answer code
* teacher & student instructions for Google and non-Google facilitation
* answer key for codes and secret phrases if teacher-led
* teacher tips page and link to overview instructions video
* student pronoun-antecedent agreement rules page
* a page of suggestions on how to facilitate the escape room should students not complete the activity in one class period
In the Google-led facilitation (a quicker version), students input answers into a Google Form and are automatically told if their code is correct for each card and awarded a letter toward the secret phrase. There are four different Google forms that receive the same numeric codes but output different “secret phrases.”
In teacher-led facilitation (a lengthier version), teachers will check answers for students and award letters toward the secret phrase(s).￼
Rules covered include personal and indefinite pronouns, compound subjects, collective nouns, and nominative and objective pronouns.
From start (my giving directions) to finish (the first team unscrambling the phrase), the Google version takes about 30-45 minutes.
Want to create a customized escape room bundle?
Custom Escape Room Bundle
You may also be interested in my other escape room products:
Semicolon Escape Room
Pronoun Escape Room
Subject Verb Agreement Escape Room
Crucible Escape Room
Comma Review Escape Room
MLA Escape Room
** You may also be interested in the following pronoun-antecedent agreement task cards: **
Pronoun Antecedent Agreement Task Cards