This interactive pronoun activity is great for students in grades Pre-K thru 2nd grade. This hands on activity will keep your kiddos engaged and thinking as they work on learning and using pronouns.
These 'pronoun kids' are large to be fun and easy to hold for little hands :) They also offer visual support for specific pronoun concepts.
- 6 pronoun kids: he, she, him, her, they, them
- 30 action cards to be attached to clothespins ( clothespins not provided in activity ) 10 for he/him, 10 for she/her, and 10 for they/them.
- 3 Pronoun Worksheets for students to write or draw what they know
- 1 Pronoun book ( 1 page for each pronoun ) and cover.
How to Play:
- Choose a 'pronoun kid' and corresponding activity cards. He/Him should be used with the single, boy clothespins. She/Her should be used with the single, girl clothespins. They/Them should be used with the squares that have children in pairs or groups.
- Have the student and action card and clip it to the pronoun. Then they may state what the child is doing using the correct pronoun, e.g. ‘She is running.’
- If the student needs support creating sentences, you may use the included sentence strips.
Some other pronoun activities you may like :)
Pronouns in CandyLand
For more 'Clip' activities checkout:
** Updated 4/19/15. Worksheets have been added for homework/concept reinforcement. There are 3 worksheets, one for each pair ( he/she, him/her, and the/them ).