Students will review the eight types of pronouns (personal, interrogative, relative, reflexive, possessive, indefinite, demonstrative, and reciprocal) by reading 24 paragraphs on 24 task cards and determining which words represent which types of pronouns and by determining which type of pronoun would go in a given blank. Great for review, beginning of year assessment, and pronoun group work!
This product IS included in my escape room bundle:
Secondary English Escape Room Bundle
Your download includes
* 12 task cards determining the type of pronoun of underlined words
* 12 task cards determining which type of pronoun goes in a blank
* one practice task card to model for students how to fill in answer code
* teacher & student instructions for Google and non-Google facilitation
* answer key for codes and secret phrases if teacher-led
* teacher tips page
* four different Google forms with four different secret phrases
* a page of suggestions on how to facilitate the escape room should students not complete the activity in one class period
In the Google-led facilitation (a quicker version), students input answers from their task cards into a Google Form and are automatically told if their code is correct for each card and awarded a letter toward the secret phrase. There are four different Google forms that receive the same numeric codes but four different “secret phrases.”
In teacher-led facilitation (a lengthier version), teachers will check answers for students and award letters toward the secret phrase.
This product works best if used as a review after students are familiar with types of pronouns and how they act or as you introduce the pronouns to give students immediate practice. Facilitation of the game (from me giving instructions to the first group solving the secret phrase) takes anywhere from 45-60 minutes in the Google version.
The paragraphs with blanks are a bit complex; therefore, the escape room is recommended for (at minimum) advanced 7-8 graders. It will work as a great review for 9-11 graders and potentially older grades.
Looking for other single escape room products?
Parts of Speech Escape Room
Subject Verb Agreement Escape the Room
Pronoun Antecedent Agreement Escape the Room
Crucible Escape the Room
Punctuation Escape Room
Comma Review Escape the Room
ELA Mechanics Escape Room
Looking for other Parts of Speech products?
Digital Parts of Speech Sort