Teach students about Pronouns (subjective, objective, possessive, reflexive, and intensive) and Antecedents (shifts in pronoun number and person, vague and ambiguous pronouns) with TWO COMPLETE Common Core-aligned lessons, Journal Writing, SEVEN Practice Worksheets, and TWO INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK Assignments:
• 4 FULL COLOR Content Posters – print, laminate, and hang
• 2 COMPLETE Language Lessons with highlighted Text Features – Ancient History themed!
• Core Practice 1 – Subjective, Objective, Possessive Pronouns + Sentence Writing
• Core Practice 2 – Subjective, Objective, Possessive Pronouns in Context
• Core Practice 3 – Reflexive and Intensive Pronouns + Sentence Writing
• Core Practice 4 – Reflexive and Intensive Pronouns in Context
• Core Practice 5 – Recognize and Correct Inappropriate Shifts in Pronoun number and person + Sentence Writing
• Core Practice 6 – Recognize and Correct Inappropriate Shifts in Pronoun number and person in Context
• Core Practice 7 – Recognize and Correct Vague Pronouns with ambiguous Antecedents
• 2 Close Journal Activities featuring Main Ideas and Details (6.RI.1, 6.RI.4, 6.RI.10)
Students will then use the lessons to complete TWO Interactive Notebook Assignments~Pronoun Organizer and Pronoun and Antecedent Flip Book (all patterns and step-by-step directions included!)
Pronouns and Antecedents, aligned with the 6th Grade Common Core LANGUAGE Standards (CC.6.L.1a, CC.6.L.1b, CC.6.L.1c, CC.6.L.1d), can be purchased separately, or as part of our 6TH GRADE LANGUAGE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT + FULL COLOR CONTENT POSTERS
We've included black and white versions of the lessons and activities to make copies for your students, Answer Pages, Grading Rubrics, and FOUR FULL COLOR Pronouns and Antecedents Posters~ready to be printed out, laminated, and used in your classroom.
Download the Preview to see complete Lesson Plan, Common Core alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER 6TH GRADE LANGUAGE RESOURCES:
6TH GRADE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT + FULL COLOR CONTENT POSTERS
6TH GRADE DAILY PRACTICE & ASSESSMENTS + FULL COLOR "I CAN" POSTERS
6TH GRADE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
6TH GRADE LANGUAGE LESSONS (INCLUDED IN THE UNIT AND BUNDLE):
STANDARD ENGLISH INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
CONTEXT CLUES INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
PREFIXES AND SUFFIXES INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
REFERENCE TOOLS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
SIMILES, METAPHORS, PERSONIFICATION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
ANALOGIES, DENOTATIONS, CONNOTATIONS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING PRONOUNS AND ANTECEDENTS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2016-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.