***** SEE PREVIEW FOR SAMPLES & INSTRUCTIONS *****
Student-Centered, Guided/Scaffolded Notes, Bell Ringer, Warmup
This printable can be used by all levels of math students from grades 6-12. Included with this foldable are the following resources/pages:
1. Completed Exponents Rules w/Flap Titles
2. Completed Exponents Rules w/o Flap Titles
3. Scaffolded Rules can be used to assess student's prior knowledge.
4. Integer Exponents Examples (Interior Page)
5. Integer & Rational Exponents Examples (Interior Page)
6. Integer, Rational & Variable Exponents Examples (Interior Page)
7. Empty interior page (Integer, Rational & Variable)
8. Empty interior page (Simple Examples, Intermediate Examples & Complex Examples)
9. Empty interior page (Example, Reasoning & Extra Notes)
10. Instruction Sheet
See Instruction in Preview
GLUING: (10-Flaps/Cuts Tri-Fold)
Glue to a RIGHT-SIDE page ***SUGGESTION***, let the bottom of the rules flap hang off the edge of the composition book.
I use the Variable Exponents flaps to check for higher-order thinking, synthesis and concept understanding. To the left/right of the page I have the students note that "All exponent rules REQUIRE SAME BASE...LIKE TERMS." I use the Variable Exponents and some of the Rational Exponents as homework to achieve this goal. This is an introductory/review lesson before teaching simplifying radicals with Real #'s and Variables.