This is a collection of scaffolded worksheets for the Properties of Exponents. The worksheets all follow a similar format: basic practice, a question that pushes for a thorough explanation, and questions that require backwards thinking.
* 2 pages of practice for multiplying exponents with the same base
* 2 pages for dividing exponents with the same base
* 2 pages for multiplying exponents with the same base
* 2 pages which require students to combine all three properties
* 2 pages for representing negative exponents with fractions.
* My free reference page for interactive notebooks is also attached.
Because I teach students with low math skills, I introduced one property each day. I did a quick mini-lesson that allowed students to discover each property by expanding expressions and looking for patterns. Afterwards, students completed these practice problems before our share and the exit ticket.
When it's time to review, check out this Jeopardy Game
for fun practice.
This work by Hannah Frederick
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License