Properties of Matter – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with one slide that is also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (volume, mass, matter, weight, state of matter, evaporation, melting point, freezing point, boiling point, sublimation, and density).
• Tools for measuring mass and volume
• Weight introduced
• States of matter described
• Ways states of matter change
• How density works
The last slide is white-background and used for the printable. The printable is already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printable.
The review slide and printable:
• The activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions with vocabulary/pictures. Included vocabulary: volume, mass, matter, weight, state of matter, evaporation, melting point, freezing point, boiling point, sublimation, and density