Properties of Matter – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with one fully interactive presentation slide that is also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (volume, mass, matter, weight, state of matter, evaporation, melting point, freezing point, boiling point, sublimation, and density).
• Tools for measuring mass and volume
• Weight introduced
• States of matter described
• Ways states of matter change
• How density works
The last slide is white-background and used for the printable. The printable is already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printable.
The interactive/review slide and printable:
• The interactive activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions with vocabulary/pictures. Included vocabulary: volume, mass, matter, weight, state of matter, evaporation, melting point, freezing point, boiling point, sublimation, and density
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however.