Properties of Matter - Mixtures and Solutions - Identifying Materials
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth-grade science. Get NGSS Resources from someone who undePrice $123.63Original Price $154.54Save $30.91
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 5th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 5th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources who reallyPrice $76.64Original Price $95.05Save $18.41
- NGSS Fifth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 5th grade for the entire year. Each unit is complete and addresses a standard. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle for fifth-grade science. This year-long 5th-grade science bundle is outstanding! If you teach 5th grade in anPrice $71.16Original Price $91.80Save $20.64
- This is a custom bundle for the Arizona Science Standards for 5th Grade. This resource covers all the standards for Arizona Science 5th Grade. Arizona has a specific set of standards that align with the resources I have included. Each standard is addressed by one or more resources. Based on the ArizPrice $57.80Original Price $72.25Save $14.45
Do you want to teach about Mixtures and Solutions? This is a complete unit on identifying materials based on their properties. Students will learn about the properties of solubility and conductivity and will plan and carry out investigations. Students will also investigate suspensions and colloids. Students will love being scientists and learning to conduct fair tests in an investigation. ✅
This resource includes:
- six investigations
- a slide show on planning an investigation and identifying variables
- a nonfiction reading passage on
- and another nonfiction reading passage on
- lab pages
- response pages ✏️
- a quiz
- Answer Keys ✅
★★★This resource uses phenomena. The materials for the labs are easy to find household materials. Students will love this engaging unit! ★★★
Teachers Love This Resource!❤️❤️❤️❤️
Laura ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely Satisfied
PERFECT for teaching properties of matter and identifying materials. Ry engaging labs with easy-to-find materials. Loved this!❤️
Lucy ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely Satisfied
Wow! This is an outstanding unit. Clear directions and interesting labs! There were about five labs and my students really learned to think about variables and plan an investigation. I am going to be looking for more resources from this seller!❤️
These Six Labs are Included:
•Rate of Dissolving
•Planning Your Own Investigation
•Mixtures and Solutions
•Suspensions and Colloids
•Conductors and Insulators
This resource meets the standards from the strand Structure and Properties of Matter NGSS 5th grade NGSS 5-PS1-1. and NGSS 5-PS1-3. And also Utah SEEd 5.2.1 and 5.2.2
NGSS 5-PS1-1. Develop a model to describe that matter is made of particles too small to be seen.
NGSS 5-PS1-3. Make observations and measurements to identify materials based on their properties.
Utah SEEd 5.2.1
Develop and use a model to describe that matter is made of particles on a that is too small to be seen. Emphasize making observations of changes supported by a particle model of matter. Examples could include adding air to expand a balloon, compressing air in a syringe, adding food coloring to water, or dissolving salt in water and evaporating the water. The use of the terms atoms and molecules will be taught in Grades 6 through 8. (PS1.A)
Utah SEEd 5.2.2
Ask questions to plan and carry out investigations to identify substances based on of their properties. Emphasize using properties to identify substances. Examples of properties could include color, hardness, conductivity, solubility, or a response to magnetic forces. Examples of substances could include powders, metals, minerals, or liquids. (PS1.A)
See the Preview for More Details!
- Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases.
- FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted.
This resource is created by Lynda R. Williams. If you have questions about Teaching Science resources, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in your students learning about the in another great investigation?
Please see other great resources for fifth-grade science:
5th Grade Water Distribution Lab
Plants Unit with Fair Tests NGSS 5-LS1-1
Earth's Place in the Universe 5th Grade
**My resources, including the slide show, are not editable. This is for copyright reasons.