NEW/UPDATED: The download is now a zip drive with multiple files:
1) PDF of the entire package
2) Student Activity/Response Sheets only (FILLABLE forms!)
3) Suggested Answer Sheets only
4) Station Setup Cards only
5) Request for Supplies letter only (FILLABLE!)
This product by Miss Winning's Classroom includes:
- LABEL CARDS FOR EACH STATION with a list of materials to be set up
- a set of CLEAR, DETAILED STUDENT INSTRUCTIONS and RESPONSE SHEETS to guide students through the activities at each station
- an ANSWER KEY for each activity/set of questions that can be used by either the students or the teacher to check student work - answer key also includes ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND INTERESTING FACTS for students
- CHECKLIST for needed supplies - this is incorporated into a REQUEST LETTER to parents/SIGN-UP SHEET for students/parents who volunteer to bring supplies to class - the teacher can use this checklist in whatever way works best for his/her classroom needs
The activity instructions facilitate both guided and student-driven inquiry, as well as critical and reflective thinking.There is some built-in flexibility for different available materials, student groupings, & student needs. In addition, all instructions, worksheets, and answer keys are set up to be used with either/both the metric system or imperial system of measurement.
These activities would be best done in the middle or at the end of a unit of study on the properties of matter, when students already have at least some background knowledge of the material and vocabulary. Most of the activities could also be used or adapted for homeschooled students or a group of homeschoolers working together.
Tip: You may find it helpful to print the station label cards on cardstock and laminate them. This will protect them from any messes made while students are 'experimenting' and keep them in good condition for future use.
Student work for this assignment can be assessed using your own rubric and criteria, or you could purchase the General or Universal Assessment Rubric for Any Assignment or Activity
from my store, which can be used with a wide variety of your other class activities as well!
PLEASE remember to help me out by RATING and PROVIDING FEEDBACK! :-) Thanks!!!
Properties of Matter Stations - Explorations & Experiments to Build Thinking
by Miss Winning's Classroom
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License