This Properties of Matter worksheet was designed for middle and high school students who need help understanding the differences between physical properties, chemical properties, and characteristic properties. Key vocabulary includes matter, physical property, viscosity, ductility, malleability, solubility, conductivity, chemical property, flammability, toxicity, reactivity, rusting, and characteristic properties.
This double-sided worksheet features a helpful content summary at the top which students can refer back to while they’re working if they need help. Give as classwork, assign as homework, or leave for a sub!
This worksheet contains the following questions:
* Multiple Choice -
Students must select the best possible answer for these challenging problems. (4 questions)
* Classifying -
Students must identify given properties as either physical or chemical by placing a checkmark in the appropriate box. (12 questions)
* Completion -
Students must complete each sentence with a word or phrase that will make the sentence correct. (4 questions)
All of my worksheets include:
- Name, date, and section at the top.
- Margins that have been appropriately adjusted on the front and back pages to accommodate for hole punching and easy placement in a 3-ring binder.
- Fun and age-appropriate graphics and fonts for secondary school students!
- A complete answer key!
If you like this product, you might also like my:
Introduction to Classifying Matter Worksheet
Classifying Matter: Mixtures and Pure Substances Worksheet
Introduction to Physical and Chemical Changes Worksheet
Matter Changing States Worksheet
©2017 Adventures in Science
* Permission to use for personal use only.
* Please purchase additional licenses if you wish to share with colleagues.