These properties of multiplication worksheets the commutative property, associative property, and distributive property of multiplication break down the properties to your third-grade math students in an engaging way. Your students will learn strategies to solve more complex multiplication sentences and number sentences.
Snag these properties of multiplication activities to compliment your 3rd-grade math properties unit. This properties unit provides standards-based levels of rigor for your students.
Check out the preview for more details!
❱❱❱❱This resource is in the process of being updated!
- Commutative property - UPDATED
- Associative property - UPDATED
- Distributive property - IN THE PROCESS OF BEING UPDATED
❱❱❱❱Associative what's Included:
- 16-Task cards
- 1-Answer sheet
- 1-matching worksheet
- 2-Finish the equations worksheet
- 1-worksheet that introduces the definition of the associative property and breaks it down for understanding.
- 1-word search associative property terms worksheet
❱❱❱❱Commutative what's included:
- 2-learning the commutative property using arrays worksheets.
- 1-commutative property color by number worksheet (bubble gum machine)
- 1-worksheet that introduces the definition of the commutative property and breaks it down for understanding.
- 1-finish the equation worksheet (cars)
- 1-matching worksheet
- 1-critical thinking exercise to sharpen those systematic skills.
- 1-word search worksheet introduces your students to the vocabulary used in the unit
- 16-task cards students will fill in the missing factor
- 1-recording sheet for task cards
❱❱❱❱Distributive what's included:
- Worksheet 1: This worksheet provides the definition of the distributive property of multiplication as well as step-by-step instruction.
- Worksheet 2: Practice and/or reinforcement of students that struggle "breaking apart" equations.
- Worksheet 3: Students can practice and refresh their files while practicing the steps of the distributive property of multiplication.
- Worksheet 4: Word problems for the distributive property of multiplication.
- Worksheet 5: This worksheet can be given at the beginning of the unit. It covers the vocabulary needed to complete the distributive property of multiplication unit. It is encouraging that you make sure students understand the meaning of the vocabulary before beginning the unit.
You may also find these useful: