Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.18 MB | 11 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard HSN.RN.B.3. They will work to understand why the sum or product of two rational numbers is rational. Students will learn that the sum of a rational number and an irrational number is irrational and that the product of a nonzero rational number and an irrational number is irrational. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 3 links to instructional videos or texts
• 1 link to practice quizzes or activities
• Definitions of key terms, such as irrational number and rational number
• 1 assessment that includes three multiple choice questions, one fill-in-the-blank question, and one true or false question
• Examples of how to add and multiply rational numbers
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• A review of key terminology
• Links to additional resources for students struggling with certain parts of the standard, such as misunderstanding the method for proving that the sum and product of a rational and an irrational number must be irrational
• An accompanying answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels