Students explore Essential Standard 3.L.2 and 3.L.2.4 (Properties of Soil) by observing examples of soil components and comparing their water capacity. Product includes a 5E Lesson Plan with group experiment as well as a follow-up passage with open ended questions to reinforce the concept.
- Teacher Prep
- 5E Lesson Plan
- Soil Texture Observation Worksheet
- Water Capacity Experiment Directions
- Water Capacity Experiment Worksheet
- Soil Observation Worksheet
- Soil Properties Guided Notes
- Why is Soil Important? Reading Passage
- Why is Soil Important? Comprehension Questions
- Answer Key
- "Properties of Soil" booklet (can be used as an activity during the lesson or as an assessment of learning)
Be sure to check out my Learning About Plants Bundle Product here:
Learning About Plants Bundle Product
Follow me and be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources! I am adding new products weekly!
• Click the green star next to my store logo to become a follower.
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!