These hands-on science investigations explore one of the properties of water as it helps students understand the scientific method. I love observing my students’ eyes widen as they watch the results and it is something they’ll always remember. Teachers have a choice of focusing mostly on science or integrating math as well. Science vocabulary is also a part of this resource. This would be great for an Earth Day activity.
The download includes:
* 2 lesson plans
* A photo of the experiment for clearer understanding
* 2 Surface Tension posters (same information, but one has more color)
* 2 Materials posters (same information, but one has more color)
* Template for making boats (2 sizes)
* Surface Tension Student Data Recording sheet (Prediction, Measurement, and Observation)
* Surface Tension Student Data Recording sheet (same as above, but also includes finding cm/sec)
* 2 choices of rubrics that go with each of the recording sheets above and scientific method organizers.
* 2 types of Scientific Method Graphic Organizers to choose from (one is more scaffolded)
* 6 Vocabulary Mini posters that go with the investigation for your science word wall.
Click on the links below to view more engaging learning resources in grades 3-5.
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit Black and White Version
Biography Informational Text Research and Project
Vocabulary Aquisition and Synonym Games and Practice (Word of the Day)
Winter Math Centers with Task Cards and Games: CCSS Aligned