Also included in
- Looking for Environmental Science lessons for a 1:1 classroom or a virtual learning environment? This HUGE bundle of lessons, labs, and field activities is designed to facilitate independent learning about freshwater and marine ecosystems and how they are impacted by human development. Even better$41.00$52.00Save $11.00
This lesson is a great introduction to the unique chemical and physical properties of water and some more detailed steps of the water cycle for a high school Biology or Environmental Science class. The web-quest makes this topic fun and easy while extension activities encourage critical thinking about real-world issues.
- Unique properties of water (cohesion, adhesion, neutral pH, capillary action, surface tension, hydrogen bonding, polarity, density of liquid and solid water)
- Water cycle or hydrologic cycle (precipitation, evaporation, condensation, infiltration, runoff, transpiration, evapotranspiration, aquifers)
- Effects of deforestation on annual temperature, precipitation and ecosystems on the island of Borneo
- Acid rain (acid precipitation, causes, effects on ecosystems)
This lesson is designed to facilitate independent learning and is ideal for a sub plan or for remote learning. If independent learning isn't your goal, it still fits perfectly into a teacher-directed curriculum.
➤Included in this product:
- Detailed teacher lesson plan including essential questions, standards, and links to digital resources through Google Drive
- Student web-quest on unique properties of water and the hydrologic cycle
- 2 additional assignments:
- Digging Deeper: Acid Precipitation (causes and effects on ecosystems)
- Data Analysis: Deforestation in Borneo and its effects on the hydrologic cycle and climate
- Online quiz to be used with Google Forms
- Answer keys for all assignments are included!
▶️How can I use this in a virtual learning environment?
- The digital files can be dropped right into your Google Drive. From there, you can assign the student files to your class.
- Students can use links, videos, and other embedded items to learn new concepts and practice. Students type directly on the pages and can submit them electronically back to you or print them.
This resource is saved in a Google Drive folder, so you will need Google Drive in order to access it.
- With this purchase, TpT will automatically make a copy of the folder, create a TpT folder in your Drive, and add the folder to your Google Drive. In this process, TpT will ask for permission to do this. Here is a link for more information: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Help/buyer-questions/why-does-TpT-need-access-to-my-Google-drive-for-me-to-use-certain-digital-resources
➤My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
➤What curriculum could I use with this lesson?
This lesson is ideally geared towards high school students and would work well with a general level Environmental Science or Biology textbook. It addresses the following topics in AP Environmental Science (APES):
- 1.7: The Hydrologic (Water) Cycle
- 5.2: Clearcutting
- 5.10: Impacts of Urbanization
- 7.7: Acid Rain