This product contains activities and task cards that align with Common Core Standards 8.EE.5, 8.EE.6, 8.EE.7 a-b, and 8.EE.8 a-c. You students will be using task cards to understand proportional relationships, discovering slope, and solving linear equations. Finally students will be solving real-world systems of equations. All 9 activities are listed below.
1. Activity 1 Understanding Proportional Relationships Using Task Cards
2. Activity 2 Find the “best deal” using unit rates
1. Activity 3: Using similar triangles to discover slope
2. Activity 4: Determining slope through similar triangles
1. Activity 5: Using algebra tiles to solve linear equations with one solution
2. Activity 6: “Mystery Equations”. Solving equations with an infinite number of solutions, one solution, or no solution.
3. Activity 7: Predict the Number of Solutions
1. Activity 8: Solving Systems of Equations
2. Activity 9: “Is This For Real?” Solving real-world systems of equations