This Proportions Decode a Mystery Number activity is a fun and engaging way to help students review or practice their skills in solving Proportions. The goal is to decode the mystery number by correctly solving all eight (8) problems in the set.
► What's Included?
* Three (3) different versions of the activity
* Answer Keys
► Note to Teachers
These worksheets do not contain workspace for students to show their solutions. However, you may require students to show their work on separate sheets of paper which they may attach to the worksheets upon submission.
► How to Play the Game?
1) Review the clues about the mystery number. These clues will help them check their answer later on.
2) Next, they will solve the eight (8) problems and write their answers on the “Answers” column.
3) Then, they will use the Cipher Table provided on the right side of the page to find the corresponding codes for their answers. They will put these codes under the “Codes” column.
4) Once they have all the codes, they will need to add all of them (with or without calculator) to get a sum. If solved correctly, the sum will be the mystery number which would satisfy the given clues.
You may use this math resource for whole group discussions, small groups, pair activities, individual practice, and more!
We hope that you and your students enjoy these Decode a Mystery Number activities. Our goal is to create quality math resources that will be helpful in your class instruction. If you found any errors/typos or have any questions about this product, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Mike and Kathy
© 2016 ChiliMath® Algebra and More
The purchase of this product entitles the buyer a limited individual license and is non-transferable. This product is intended to be used by one teacher only. If you would like to share this math resource with your colleagues, you may revisit our TpT store and purchase additional licenses at a discounted price. This product may be printed or photocopied but may not be sold, transmitted, or put on the internet/intranet without a written permission from the authors. Thank you for respecting our work!