***** SOLVING PROPORTIONS PROJECT *****
Great for a group project at the end of a unit or as an assessment tool for proportions.
Students are tasked with making dinner for their friend's birthday, but they need to make the food in the right proportions for the people attending the party!
Contained in this project:
1. Step-by-step directions for students to follow and complete the project
2. Students will set up and solve their own proportions
3. Students will figure out how much money they need for their meal
4. Answer key for all parts of the project
------- Don't give the same old boring assessment --------
------- Give the students something tangible and related to the real world ------
- Setting up and solving proportions
- Experience with decimals would be beneficial, but not required
Fantastic to give to a group and allow them to just go and work their way through the project. The steps are all incorporated into the handouts. Very limited teacher direction on your part.