Do you need to complement your protein synthesis materials? This zip folder consists of 3 practice sheets, 1 paper lab, 1 coloring activity, 1 cut and paste that is great for interactive notebooks, and 1 reference tool.
The worksheets are scaffolded to help comprehend transcription and translation. There is also a great hands on paper lab in which students are given a DNA sequence and decode it to 4 different aliens, which they are required to draw for easy grading.
The Protein Synthesis Cut and Paste is a particularly useful tool because it provides a hands on visual model- highly recommended.
This zip folder contains:
1) DNA + RNA Practice worksheet
2) DNA + RNA coloring + reading packet
3) Practice Decoding the Genetic Code worksheet
4) Decoding the Genetic Code
5) Protein Synthesis Paper Lab- the unigriffins
6) Amino Acid Chart (Reference tool)
7) Protein Synthesis Cut and Paste- perfect for Interactive Notebooks
Buy this bundle and save 20% instead of buying each item individually.
Vanessa Jason (Biology Roots)
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.