Do you need to complement your protein synthesis materials? This zip folder consists of 3 practice sheets, 1 paper lab, 1 coloring activity, 1 cut and paste that is great for interactive notebooks, and 1 reference tool.
The worksheets are scaffolded to help comprehend transcription and translation. There is also a great hands on paper lab in which students are given a DNA sequence and decode it to 4 different aliens, which they are required to draw for easy grading.
The Protein Synthesis Cut and Paste is a particularly useful tool because it provides a hands on visual model- highly recommended.
This zip folder contains:
1) DNA + RNA Practice worksheet
2) DNA + RNA coloring + reading packet
3) Practice Decoding the Genetic Code worksheet
4) Decoding the Genetic Code
5) Protein Synthesis Paper Lab- the unigriffins
6) Amino Acid Chart (Reference tool)
7) Protein Synthesis Cut and Paste- perfect for Interactive Notebooks
Buy this bundle and save 25% instead of buying each item individually.
Copyright © 2015 Vanessa Jason (Biology Roots)
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.