This product, by It’s Not Rocket Science,
is a protein synthesis activity to help students master transcription and translation. The students will be given clues written as DNA that they must transcribe and translate into sentences, using the included genetic code. This code will translate their mRNA into sentences, instead of proteins, and these sentences will tell them where to find the next clue hidden in your classroom. All clues are written to work in a general science classroom, and an editable template is included so you can change and add clues to make more specific to your room.
Do not purchase if you have already purchased my Genetics Unit Bundle, Biology Complete Curriculum Bundle,
or Biology Activities Bundle
because you already have this product!
How can I use this?
• Practice for mastery of transcription and translation
• Fun review day activity
What is included?
• 3 pages of teacher implementation notes
• 8 DNA clues to hide around your classroom
• Answer Key
• Genetic Code
• Editable template so you can add additional clues specific to your room
How much class time will this take?
For the average student this takes about 1 hour. Advanced students will finish more quickly, so it is encouraged to have an additional activity for those who finish 5 or 10 minutes early. Check out my Heredity Taboo Cards
Is this aligned to Next Generation Science Standards?
YES! All of my products are aligned with specific Next Generation Science Standards. Specifically, it is aligned with HS-LS1-1: Construct an explanation based on evidence for how the structure of DNA determines the structure of proteins which carry out the essential functions of life through systems of specialized cells.
What if I have a question?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to answer any questions you have!
What if I am looking for other heredity items?
Check out my Blood Type and Pedigree Mystery Lab
as another fun, interactive, and customizable activity!
What if I want more?
This product is part of my Genetics Unit bundle. Be sure to check it out by clicking HERE!
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name. I add a new product every week so this is the best way to keep up with what’s happening at It’s Not Rocket Science!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at 50% off by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any website or server – even one for your classroom.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.