Proteins and Protein Structure Biology Doodle Diagram
What educators are saying
This set of guided notes with biology doodles can be little anchor charts for your student to keep in their notebook! Using these pages, students can color, doodle, and make connections within the material as they takes notes in class. These pages help students understand the proteins in our food, amino acids, polypeptides, types of bonds in proteins, levels of protein structure, and categories of amino acids.
I have designed this so that it could be used in several different levels of biology:
* The "Proteins in Our Food" page is meant to be used as an introduction to proteins in honors and regular level classes and a stand alone page in a basic level class.
* The Amino Acids and Polypeptides page is an add-on page for honors/regular level classes to help you showcase how amino acids, peptide bonds, and polypeptides all work together. You can show different types of amino acids and why they're important.
* The Protein Structure page could be used in all levels, you can just vary the information that you fill in on your own answer key page on the projector. You can put more or less on it, depending on what your class focus is.
This topic is usually introduced in the biochemistry unit of biology class.
Google Slides versions of the notes are now included! Students and teachers can "write" on them using Kami/Google Slides! Terrific for Distance Learning because teachers can write on them with the app Kami while showing their screen. They are also short and to-the-point, a fast way to get material across in a short amount of time. They also have terrific on-page diagrams to help students understanding complex concepts.)
Included in the PDF file:
* Student Sample (3 pages: Proteins in Our Food, Amino Acids/Polypeptides, Protein Structure)
* Teacher Tips/Discussion Tips (4 pages)
* Teacher Answer Key (3 pages)
* Three different options for student pages (3 different options of the same 3 student pages)
* Three different pages with exit tickets (1/4 page size). I also include an answer key for teachers for these exit tickets.
This resource is part of my Biology Doodle Notes bundle!
Check out the bundle for more fun topics you can teach all year long!
Would you like homework pages to help your students review what they've learned in class?
Check out my Biology Homework Pages here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us on the question and answer section of my store and we will get back to you quickly!
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
* make copies for your .
* place this file on your (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc) AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
You are not allowed to distribute this digital resource to other teachers or post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view. If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional licenses on the resource purchase page.
Files are partially or fully non-editable to protect the images that are copyrighted and purchased through licenses. Thanks for understanding!
© Bethany Lau
All Rights Reserved.