Also included in
- This resource is a set of 160 Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and/or Interactive Notebook Pages for 6 different units of study. These activities are perfect for the first few minutes of your class. Both printable and digital versions are included. This bundle includes 160 student pages coverinPrice $31.99Original Price $41.48Save $9.49
- This resources consists of ONE FULL YEAR of Biology No Prep Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, and Inserts for Interactive Notebooks. This is a huge bundle of 35 sets of warm ups and bell ringers covering all chapters in a typical biology textbook:Introduction to ScienceCell Structure and FunctionEcologyGenetPrice $182.00Original Price $254.88Save $72.88
This resource is a set of 31 Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and/or Interactive Notebook Pages for your Protista Kingdom unit. These activities are perfect for the first few minutes of your class. Both printable and digital versions are included. The 31 student pages cover the characteristics, structure, classification, food-getting methods, and reproduction of algae and protozoans. See detailed list below.
Absolutely NO PREP required!
Both printable and digital versions are included. The student handouts can be printed or used in the paperless digital format in your Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar. This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, 1:1 schools, or for distance learning.
Included in this resource:
- 31 Printable and Editable warm-up or bell-ringer activities
- Digital paperless versions (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive
- Complete answer keys
- Teacher Guide for Warm Ups
- Teacher Guide for Google Apps
- Editable Template pages for starting a warm-up interactive notebook (title page, table of contents)
- Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
How can these be used?
- Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
- Exit Slips
- Additions to interactive notebooks
- Homework assignments
- Tutoring and Review
- Completed notebook is perfect for semester exam review.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
Please Note: These warm-ups are designed to take 5-7 minutes to complete. They are used for review and reinforcement of key concepts, but are not intended to be used as first-time instruction. Students will need prior instruction and/or textbook to complete these warm ups. This resource contains pages that can be used as warm ups, bell ringers, inserts for your interactive notebooks, homework assignments, or classwork.
These warm ups and interactive notebook pages were written to accompany my Powerpoint on the Kingdom Protista which can be viewed by clicking this link. However, these pages will certainly fit together nicely with your own materials on this topic.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
Introduction to Protists: (4 pages)
- Kingdom Protista
- Early Eukaryotes
- How did Eukaryotes Evolve?
- Classification of Protists
The Algae: (16 pages)
- Introduction to the Algae
- Classification of the Algae
- The Structure of Algae
- Reproduction in the Algae
- The Green Algae
- Spirogyra Reproduction
- The Brown Algae
- Alternation of Generations
- Diatoms and Dinoflagellates
- Name That Algae Phylum!
- Ecology of the Algae
- The Fungus-Like Protists
- Thinking Critically About Algae
The Protozoans: (10 pages)
- Introduction to Protozoans
- The Sarcodines
- Paramecium 1
- Paramecium 2
- The Flagellates
- The Sporozoans
- My Protozoan
- Diseases Caused By Protozoans
- Name That Protozoan Phylum!
- Thinking Critically About Protozoans
Click on these links to view other available units:
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store: