General Music Theory Assessment (with Answer Sheet)
• pre-test to find out student knowledge and gaps in their general music theory
• general music theory assessment
• end of term/year assessment
This assessment covers music theory topics of:
• treble and bass clef note naming with ledger lines
• rhythmic addition of basic rhythms - find the sum
• ordering various tempi from slowest to fastest beats per minute
• music symbols and abbreviation matching
• key signature identification
The assessment is one mark per question, with the exception of 2 areas, which are marked.
Assessment totals out of 70.