This figurative language product for 3rd-6th grade includes 2 instructional pages, 7 pages of common proverbs and adages, 24 task cards, an answer sheet, an answer key, and 3 activity sheets.
Please note that, as per the common core standards, this packet does NOT focus on the difference between proverbs and adages, but instead on the contextual meaning of proverbs and adages.
This is lesson #4 in a series of EIGHT lessons on Figures of Speech. You can find the other products here:
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #1: HYPERBOLES
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #2: SIMILES AND METAPHORS
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #3: IDIOMS
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #5: PERSONIFICATION
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #6: ALLITERATION
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #7: ONOMATOPOEIA
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #8: PUNS
SAVE AND BUY THE WHOLE BUNDLE!
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE MEGA BUNDLE
My newest figurative language product is for use as a daily warm-up, early finisher, or homework activity (designed to be 4-6 minutes each day including correcting and/or discussion time). Check it out here:
DAILY FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE WARM-UPS
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.