Also included in
- This is a bundle of all the materials I used in my third year of teaching a heritage speaker class. I teach the same students for three years so I created a three-year curriculum cycle. The material isn't necessarily more difficult in year three. All heritage students are in the same course regardle$198.45$220.50Save $22.05
This product is ideal for a heritage speakers class.
This should take your class eight days (based on 57 minute class periods).
- Students create a poster depicting a family recipe
- Including the family history for why that particular recipe is important to them, in their family
- Using personification to write a paragraph, in the first person, as if the food on their poster has come to life
- Students present poster to class
- Students cook and bring in their recipe for a class party (optional for extra credit)
I show a few episodes of Taco Chronicles from Netflix to teach students about personification. This gives students many concrete examples of creative writing in Spanish and how to harness this skill in their own educational journey.
- Project instructions & rubric (2 pages)
- Teacher instructions (4 pages)
- 4 student examples
- Student materials 100% in Spanish
- Teacher instructions in English
This product is not editable.
I have two blog posts that explain more about this project.
- Photo Essay: A “Family Favorite” Recipe Project for Heritage Spanish Class
- Teaching Personification with Taco Chronicles in Heritage Spanish Class
You may also like: Latinos influyentes - un proyecto para la clase de hispanohablantes