Proyecto de la comida: a "family favorite" recipe for heritage speakers
What educators are saying
My heritage students loved talking about food and the posters that they made were so impressive. I loved that real student examples were included.
I used this with my Heritage 1 classes and it went so well!! My students really enjoyed completing this project. We had a great fiesta once they completed this and it was a fun day! :)
This product is ideal for a heritage speakers class.
This should take your class eight days (based on 57 minute class periods).
- Students create a poster depicting a family recipe
- Including the family history for why that particular recipe is important to them, in their family
- Using personification to write a paragraph, in the first person, as if the food on their poster has come to life
- Students present poster to class
- Students cook and bring in their recipe for a class party (optional for extra credit)
I show a few episodes of Taco Chronicles from Netflix to teach students about personification. This gives students many concrete examples of creative writing in Spanish and how to harness this skill in their own educational journey.
- Project instructions & rubric (2 pages)
- Teacher instructions (4 pages)
- 4 student examples
- Student materials 100% in Spanish
- Teacher instructions in English
This product is not editable.
I have two blog posts that explain more about this project.
- Photo Essay: A “Family Favorite” Recipe Project for Heritage Spanish Class
- Teaching Personification with Taco Chronicles in Heritage Spanish Class
You may also like: Latinos influyentes - un proyecto para la clase de hispanohablantes
Does not apply
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.