"Prufrock" (1917) by T. S. Eliot: A Study Guide provides material to support reflective reading of Eliot's first book of poetry. It deals with ALL of the poems in that book (including "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" and "Portrait of a Lady" which are often set for study and anthologized).
1. An short introduction to Eliot's poetry;
2. Prereading activities;
3. Introduction / commentaries to each poem as well as vocabulary and notes which remove the most obvious difficulties of the text.
4. Questions on each poem which guide the reader to a deeper understanding of the text. The questions can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion, formal presentations, written answers, etc. No answers are provided: readers WILL find their answers in the text;
5. Selected glossary of literary terms;
6. Suggestions for ways to use the questions as a basis for discussion groups and presentations in the classroom.