NOTE: An eighteen-week (complete semester) outline for everything in this public speaking bundle is in the preview. Download to be sure this bundle will work for you!
Teaching a speech unit or public speaking course can be complex because so many aspects go into making a successful speech lesson. This file has a variety of tools to engage students as they grow as public speakers. This is everything I used when I taught a public speaking course.
It contains every public speaking activity in my store, plus many more bundles. I also have a detailed (week by week) outline of how I run a public speaking class.
* Student goal setting cards.
* Student reflection sheet.
* Student “in the beginning” sheet - as your speech unit or class begins.
* Student “at the end” sheet - as your speech unit or class ends.
* “Quick Feedback” sheet for practicing speeches.
* A general presentation rubric and outline rubric - for any speech.
* A brainstorming sheet for new speech topics.
* A parent note in .doc format to provide ways to help their budding orators.
* Student note in .doc format, explaining their role as audience members.
* A final test in .doc format, editable for you!
* A “Common Comments” sheet that gives teachers go-to comments for when they are grading speeches.
* Four speech assignments: how-to food, how-to nonfood, my favorite person, and prized possession speech.
* Practicing "tone" activity and lesson plan.
* Activities, Power Point presentations, and analysis of real-life presentations.
Because I could not find modern and age-appropriate activities/ handouts for older students, I made my own. I call these "Discussion Starters" because these help me discuss with my students what I expect from them with their speeches.
* "Discussion Starters" - a series of worksheets, discussion prompts, and activities that address common concerns public speaking students face.
~ "When does my speech begin?"
~ "How do I research my speech?"
~ "Where do I stand during my speech?"
~ "Using a visual aid"
~ "Citing sources"
~ "Outlining your speech"
~ "Diving deeper with your topic"
~ "Adding emphasis in your speech"
~ "Elevating your rhetoric"
I have also added a "Q and A" section in the download to help you get started with this bundle.
I have coached a speech team for four years as well as taught a public speaking class for seven years. These are some of the public speaking lesson plans and materials I developed to engage students and provide them with meaningful feedback.
NOTE: This bundle was updated SEPTEMBER 2017 with new activities. Check back for more lifetime updates.
Included in this bundle are:
Teaching Ethos, Pathos, and Logos With Commercials
Public Speaking Activity for Tone
Impromptu Speaking Activity
Teaching Audience Analysis With Commercials
Prized Possession - Favorite Person Speech Assignments
How-To Speech Assignments
Write and Present a Radio Commercial: Practice Verbal Communication
Using a Visual Aid in Public Speaking: Best Practices for Speeches
This public speaking bundle contains all of the above products plus the curriculum outline, discussion starters, goal setting sheets, and more. This is everything I used for an 18-week public speaking course.
TEACHERS PAY TEACHERS TIPS
* By my picture is a "follow" button. Follow me to hear about sales new products.
* Provide feedback on your purchased products. This gets you points, and points turn into cash toward purchases!