Public Speaking Unit Impromptu, How-To, Narrative, Informative, and More
What educators are saying
NOTE: An eighteen-week (complete semester) outline for everything in this public speaking bundle is in the preview. Download to be sure this bundle will work for you! The material in this public speaking set will not work for every teacher.
Teaching a speech unit or public speaking course can be complex because so many aspects go into making a successful speech lesson. This file has a variety of tools to engage students as they grow as public speakers.
It contains every public speaking activity in my store, plus many more speech activities. I also have a detailed (week by week) outline of how I run a public speaking class.
You can click on the individual activities. This bundle includes extra lesson plans and presentations to guide you through the lessons. Included:
Public Speaking Activities:
• Candy Fun
• Nonverbal Communication
• Eliminate Fillers
• Goal Setting + Cards
• Impromptu Speaking (includes rubric and topics)
• Same Speech, Different Person (character roles included)
• Sing It!
• Love This: Household Items
• Narrative (two sample speeches included)
• Informative (two sample speeches included)
• How-To (two sample speeches included
• Persuasive (one sample speech included)
• Radio non-for-profit presentation
• In the beginning
• At the end
• Video viewing (after student speeches)
• Role of an audience member
• Elevating your rhetoric
• Providing emphasis
• When does my speech begin?
• Best practices for using a visual aid
• Where do I stand during my speech?
• How do I research a speech/
• Citing sources
• Outlining your speech
• Quick feedback (for rehearsals)
° A parent note in .doc format to provide ways to help their budding orators.
° Student note in .doc format, explaining their role as audience members.
° A final test in .doc format, editable for you!
° A “Common Comments” sheet that gives teachers go-to comments for when they are grading speeches.
• An editable presentation and teacher note sheet for every activity.
This bundle is divided by week, by how I teach these speech components. I also provide class time for practice, research, and writing. Feel free to move the activities to your own timeline!
Everything I used when I taught a public speaking course is included in this bundle; please read the above list of what this bundle contains to be sure it is right for you. I have provided a guideline for how I use the material, but you may want to switch around the activities.
I have coached a speech team for four years as well as taught a public speaking class for seven years. These are some of the public speaking lesson plans and materials I developed to engage students and provide them with meaningful feedback.
SOME of the public speaking activities included in this bundle:
√ Teaching Ethos, Pathos, and Logos With Commercials
√ Public Speaking Activity for Tone
√ Teaching Audience Analysis With Commercials
√ Prized Possession - Favorite Person Speech Assignments
√ Write and Present a Radio Commercial: Practice Verbal Communication
√ Using a Visual Aid in Public Speaking: Best Practices for Speeches
√ Susan B. Anthony Speech Analysis
√ FDR Day of Infamy Speech Analysis
√ Informative Speech Assignments
This public speaking bundle contains all of the above products plus the curriculum outline, discussion starters, goal setting sheets, and more. This is everything and more that I used for an 18-week public speaking course.
This bundle was last updated SEPTEMBER 2022.
A Couple Tips:
• Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
• By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.