Pudding + Poetry = Palatable Poems
I love thinking of fun and creative ways to celebrate National Poetry Month! Looking for a guaranteed winner? Pair some poetry with something palatable! Pudding is a perfect choice!
Check out the video below to see how far a little container of pudding can go as two of my boys chuckle over some funny poems!
Be sure to check out my blog too! www.romesreaders.com
Simple steps to make Pudding & Poetry a success:
1. Gather an ample collection of great poetry books.
2. Arrange poetry partners (you choose or kids choose).
3. Present a whole group MINI-LESSON:
Discuss the word PALATABLE.
Explain the “partner page” activities:
*Choose a favorite poem and decide if it is
POWERFUL or PLAYFUL or PECULAIR (maybe it’s all 3!).
*Discuss and record why this poem was chosen.
*Discuss and record one word they prefer from the poem.
4. When students are done with their page, gather as a
whole group again and share!
5. Collect pages to create a “Palatable Poetry Portfolio”!