Also included in
- Grab 4 weeks of meaningful vocabulary activities for St. Patrick’s Day and March for your 1st-3rd grade classroom! These vocabulary activities use seasonal picture books to teach tier 2 vocabulary words in an engaging way! Your students will learn new vocabulary words while they follow along with StPrice $5.95Original Price $7.80Save $1.85
- Unlock the power of vocabulary with this year-long bundle of weekly vocabulary activities, lessons, and graphic organizers! Engaging and easy-to-use, this vocabulary curriculum uses popular picture books and meaningful vocabulary activities to teach four new tier 2 academic vocabulary words each weePrice $49.95Original Price $99.55Save $49.60
Looking for a meaningful seasonal activity to teach vocabulary this spring? This week-long resource uses the book Puddles by Jonathan London to teach 4 tier 2 vocabulary words. This low-prep routine is easy to implement and will help your students master new vocabulary.
This unit includes:
- Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
- Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
- Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
- Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
- Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)
- Vocabulary cards with photo support
- Interactive review PowerPoint
Note: While this unit complements the book Puddles by Jonathan London it does not provide the text and the book is not required for utilizing the materials.
In this unit, students are introduced to 4 new vocabulary words in the read-aloud book (optional). Throughout the week students practice the 4 weekly vocabulary words in a variety of ways and record their thinking in an interactive journal. A brief assessment can be done at the end of the week to see how well students have retained the new vocabulary words.
Students love this method of acquiring new vocabulary and you’ll be amazed at how well they retain the words!
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I love these units! I like how everything I need is included! My students love searching for their words in other books each week!” - Excelling in Second
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These were such great resources! The kids LOVED doing this daily and finding the vocab words on their own or in different texts! Thank you so much!!” - Room Six Rocks
Bundle & Save!
Grab the to get this resource plus 3 other vocabulary units for March. Or get this resource as part of our .
You may also like…
Copyright © Second Story Window
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.