Do you have a class pumpkin? We do. It’s an inexpensive and super-fun way to practice all sorts of science.
We carve our pumpkin the last week of October for our party’s centerpiece.
As we carve it, my students learn the vocabulary associated with the parts of a pumpkin, as well as what each part does, or is used for.
They absolutely love this activity. With that in mind, I made some activities to help reinforce “pumpkin parts”.
The packet includes:
* A set of “definition posters”.
* A set of photo posters featuring pictures of real pumpkin parts.
* A set of pocket chart cards.
* A “Match the picture to the word” Memory Match or “I Have; Who Has?” game.
* “Label a pumpkin” posters and worksheets.
* Fill-in-the blank” comprehension worksheet.
* Match the word to the picture worksheet.
* “ABC With Me” alphabetize the words worksheet.
Plus an emergent reader: “Pumpkin Parts”, featuring 30+ words from the Dolch word lists.
Check the PREVIEW for lots of samples.
This packet is a perfect “go along” to my 3D “Label the Pumpkin” CRAFT.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you and your little pumpkins a fun-tactic fall.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click the green star button to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.