Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
PUMPKIN ACTIVITIES FOR KINDERGARTEN INCLUDES:
Pumpkin Measuring Activity:
- 8 Measuring cards
- 6 pumpkin square for measuring
Pumpkin Letter Match Game:
- 26 Upper/lower case matching cards
- 13 Upper case & 13 lower case matching cards
Pumpkin Color Sort Activity:
- 11 color name cards: white, black, brown, grey, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and pink
- Pumpkin cards: 5 in each color
Pumpkin Counting Clips & Ten Frame Activity:
- Pumpkin counting clip cards (0-10)
- Pumpkin ten frame mats
- Pumpkin number cards (0-30)
Pumpkin Shape Match Game:
- 28 shape cards: 14 shapes (square, rectangle, circle, oval, triangle, heart, star, diamond, crescent, semi-circle, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon)
Pumpkin Pattern Activity:
- 28 unique pattern cards
- Individual pumpkins to match patterns
HOW TO USE PUMPKIN ACTIVITIES FOR KINDERGARTEN:
PUMPKIN MEASURING ACTIVITY:
- Measuring Cards: Students will use manipulatives (fun size Hershey bars, linking cubes, fish marbles, etc) to measure the pumpkins.
- Pumpkin Squares: Students will use pumpkin squares to measure items around the room (toys, furniture, doors, etc) or themselves.
PUMPKIN LETTER MATCH GAME: Students will match the letters together.
- Memory: Lay one set of cards in rows facing down. Students will take turns turning over two cards at a time. If the cards match, the student will keep the cards. If the cards do not match, the students will flip the cards back over. Once all the cards have been matched, the student who matched the most wins.
- Sensory bin: hide one of each letter card in a sensory bin (dried pumpkin seeds to keep with the theme). Students will search for the cards and match them as they find them.
* For younger students, use the cards with upper & lower case so they start to recognize both the upper & lower case.
PUMPKIN COLOR SORT ACTIVITY: Lay the Color Name Cards out (preferably in a row). Students will sort the pumpkins to the correct color name.
- Sensory bin: Hide the pumpkin cards in a sensory bin (dried pumpkin seeds to keep with the theme). Students will search for the pumpkin cards and sort them as they go.
- Race: Split the Pumpkin Cards into 2 baskets. Place the baskets on the opposite side of the room from where the Color Name Cards are laying. The students will take one Pumpkin Card at a time from their basket, run to the Color Name Cards, match their pumpkin, and run back to the basket. The first student to sort all their Pumpkin Cards wins.
PUMPKIN COUNTING CLIP CARDS & TEN FRAME ACTIVITY:
- Counting Clip Cards: Students will count the number of pumpkins on each card. They will clip a clothespin to the correct number.
- Pumpkin Ten Frame Activity:
Students will draw a number card. They will use manipulatives (candy pumpkins, pumpkin erasers, pumpkin seeds, etc.) to fill in that number on their ten frame mat.
- Sensory/Discovery bin: Hide number cards in a pumpkin sensory bin. Have students identify the numbers as they find cards.
- Ordering: Have students lay the number cards in order.
- Matching: Print 2 sets of the pumpkins numbers. Have students use them to play a matching OR memory game.
- Calendar: Use the pumpkin number cards for your calendar for the month.
PUMPKIN SHAPE MATCH GAME:
1. Lay the cards in rows (the cards should be facing down).
2. Students will take turns flipping over 2 cards at a time (students should flip the cards over in the same place, not moving the location of the card).
3. If the 2 cards match, that student will take the 2 cards and place them in their pile.
4. If the 2 cards do not match, the student will turn the cards face down (still keeping the cards in the same location).
5. Students should try to remember where the shapes are in order to match.
6. Continue taking turns until all the cards have been matched.
- For younger students, lay all the cards facing up and allow them to match the shapes.
PUMPKIN PATTERN ACTIVITY:
1. Lay out pattern cards and place pumpkins in basket.
2. Students will draw a card and match the pattern with pumpkins from the basket.
- Students can also create their own patterns.
* Pattern types: AB, ABB, AAB, AABB, ABC *
How can I get credit for my TpT purchases?
Simply click the Feedback button and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a comment for the product. When you give feedback, TpT gives you credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Please leave detailed feedback for each resource, so we can create better resources for teachers and students.
What can I do if I have a question about a resource?
Before you purchase, you can ask a question about the resource using the “Product Q&A.” If you have any specific questions regarded a resource after purchasing please email me at email@example.com.
CONNECT WITH ME