Halloween is a tough holiday or faith-based schools. However, this assignment is perfect for the season without compromising our values! The entire packet focuses on the Readers' Theater, Spookley the Square Pumpkin. Unfortunately, Spookley does not know who he is in the eyes of God...and feels unworthy because he's the 'different' pumpkin in the patch. He's square. Everyone else is round. What a message this teaches! Your students will enjoy reading the Readers' Theater!
The packet includes:
1. Spookley The Square Pumpkin Reader's Theater Script (22 speaking roles. If you have more than 22 students, there are lines in the script for this purpose. They are ALL PUMPKINS.)
2. Spookley- A Biblical Viewpoint, iAmLoved Printable
Here, the students will be given Scripture about God's love that could have truly helped Spookley. The students will link this to how God feels about them, creating a selfie, as God sees them....perfect in his eyes. The students will also write an incoming text message from God. This is where the scripture will be included.
3. iAmLoved iPhone template printable
4. Sample Completed Assignment printable
5. Grading Rubric
6. Reflection of the Heart Double-Sided printables (to be completed before reading the Readers' Theater and discussed afterward)
7. Author's Purpose Printable (Tied in to the story)
8. Dear Spookley.... Letter-writing assignment (Printable)
9. Spookley Art Assignment Printable
10. Learning About Theme Printable
11. Investigating Theme With Spookley Printable
Upper Grades.....wouldn't it be wonderful if you could PERFORM this Readers' Theater for the Lower grades??? Costumes could be so easy! (Posterboard Pumpkins!!! -sandwich board- style.)