This pumpkin themed number sense resource gets learners up and engaged in counting to 20. This packet has 5 sets of 20 Count the Room cards and multiple recording pages to provide differentiation. The cards and recording pages have pumpkin themed graphics. The graphics include kids at a pumpkin stand, a puppy with pumpkins, a girl in a pumpkin patch, a boy with a big pumpkin, and kids with pumpkins. This resource is great for fall/autumn, pumpkin, farm, and harvest themes.
PLEASE NOTE: These activities are appropriate for use by learners and classrooms who DO NOT celebrate Halloween. The pumpkin images are NOT depicted as Jack-o-Lanterns. There are other autumn themed images in this resource, but no Halloween images.
IMPORTANT: If you own Pumpkins Number Sense Math Centers Bundle you already own this resource. This file is included in the bundle. To avoid duplicate purchases, please click on the link below to view the bundle.
Pumpkins Number Sense Math Centers Bundle
This versatile resource has many differentiation options to best meet the needs of your learners. There are options for addressing quantities to 10, quantities of 11 to 20, and quantities 1 to 20. There are recording pages for each option. (In order to give learners enough room to write, some pages will need to be copied front and back to address quantities for 1 to 20.)
After you have determined the quantities you are addressing with this activity, you may choose from a variety of response options to best meet the needs of your learners.
• Learners may write the numeral for the quantity represented on the card.
• Learners may draw tally marks for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw dominoes for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw dice for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw pumpkin seeds for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may complete ten frames for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may write the number word for the quantity represented on the card.
• Learners may write the numeral for the quantity represented on the card and continue counting by writing the next 2 numerals. For example: With a card representing 7, the learner would write 7, 8, 9 as a response.
Print, laminate, and cut out the cards. Make copies of the recording page for the quantities you have selected.
Hang the cards in places all around the room. Give each student a clipboard, pencil, and recording page. Learners search the room for the cards. When they find a card, they write their response in the correct space on the recording sheet.
This resource helps learners develop numeracy, and supports the Math Common Core Standards for Counting and Cardinality.
The graphics used in this packet are from various TpT clip artists. The credits page has a complete listing.
Thank you for looking at this resource. I hope you and your learners enjoy these activities.
Have fun counting with your friends at the pumpkin patch!
Please click on the links below to view other resources you may enjoy.
Pumpkin Palooza Math Centers (Numerals to 20)
Pumpkin Number Fun Math Centers Numerals to 20
Pumpkin Matching Number Cards Numerals to 20
Fall Read and Write the Room
Fall Alphabet Puzzles