Questions and Activities to consider when celebrating
1. Does the size of the pumpkin make any difference to the number of seeds found inside?
2. Does the number of lines outside of the pumpkin related to the number of seeds inside?
3. Does the number of lines outside the pumpkin have anything to do with the size of the pumpkin?
4. How many pumpkin patch questions can you think of that have a solution of _____?
5. How many different pumpkin faces can you make using only rectangles, triangles and circles?
6. Does a larger diameter of a pumpkin relate to a heavier weight of the pumpkin?
7. If each pumpkin seed was worth 10 cents, how much is your pumpkin worth? What if each seed was worth 7 cents?
8. Estimate whether your waistline is as big, bigger or smaller than the pumpkin’s diameter.
9. 2 boys and 2 girls went to buy pumpkins. Each of them had $5.00. Each pumpkin cost $10.00. How many pumpkins could they buy?
10. Make a prediction about whether your pumpkin will float or not. Test your pumpkin in the bowl with water. Record the result.
11. Count the stripes on your pumpkin. Make sure to pay attention to where you started.
12. Sketch your pumpkin. Add a silly or scary face!
13. Share your Pumpkin Math Book with a sibling, parent or friend.