Do you want to celebrate the season without all of the sugary candy and meaningless party games? Have I got something for you! This activity combines language arts, science, math, and art for a fun and memorable educational experience.
This Pumpkin Investigation includes a 7-page Investigation Book for your students to record their pumpkin findings! This packet includes activities, a parent letter, an explanation of use, and student reproducibles that look great in color or black and white. These activities can be done easily in 1 1/2 hours, or broken into 2 smaller sessions. Your students will get a hands-on experience whether you do this whole class or with small groups.
* Illustrate a pumpkin
* Label the parts of a pumpkin (with and without a word box)
* Brainstorm adjectives to describe a pumpkin
* Make an acrostic poem with the word "pumpkin"
* Complete a Venn Diagram comparing pumpkins to apples
* Predict and measure the height, weight, and circumference of a pumpkin
* Predict and count the number of ribs on a pumpkin
* Predict and confirm whether a pumpkin will sink or float in water
* Predict, estimate, and count the number of seeds inside of a pumpkin (excellent practice for skip counting and place value)
* Watch a pumpkin being carved OR decorate one
* Draw the face of the jack-o-lantern OR decorated pumpkin
* Write a paragraph about their favorite part of the investigation
This is perfect for October, November, or any time you do a plant unit! I hope you enjoy this product!