Also included in
- These Halloween Writing Activities are the perfect way to encourage your students to write a variety of text types and for a range of purposes. The first Halloween Writing Activity focuses on CREATIVE writing and the Pumpkin Life Cycle Writing Unit focuses on INFORMATIVE writing. 1. Halloween Writin$8.20$10.25Save $2.05
This Pumpkin Life Cycle Writing Unit is the perfect autumn writing project, incorporating science, research, note-taking, the writing process, and a craft. Kiddos will learn and write about the life cycle of a pumpkin from seed to decomposition.
Students will begin the project by conducting research, collecting facts on a graphic organizer, and having discussions about a pumpkin’s life cycle. Several vocabulary posters illustrating and explaining the stages of a pumpkin’s life cycle, as well as other important science terms like "photosynthesis" and "pollination" are included.
Next, students will explore a non-fiction writing piece on the life cycle of an apple and use it as a model to create their own pumpkin life cycle writing. Mini lessons will walk students through the entire writing process from collecting facts on their graphic organizers, writing an introduction, body, and conclusion, to editing / revising their writing.
Mini lessons will focus on “hooking” the reader in their introduction, using a topic sentence, transitions, and sequential order in the body, and leaving the reader thinking in their conclusion. To finalize the project, students will create a unique visual of each part of a pumpkin’s life cycle.
This Pumpkin Life Cycle Writing Unit Contains:
- Common Core State Standards chart showing the standards the lessons are aligned to
- Daily Teacher Instructions
- List of Pumpkin Life Cycle Resources with a Description of Each
- Teacher “Cheat Sheet” with Information on the Life Cycle of a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Graphic Organizers for Pre-writing (2 versions)
- “The Life Cycle of an Apple” Writing Example (black/white & color)
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Word Bank (optional)
- 7 Learning Objective Posters (color)
- 7 Writing Vocabulary Posters (color)
- 21 Pumpkin Life Cycle / Science Vocabulary Posters (color)
- Final Draft Paper (black/ white & color)
- Rubric for Student/ Teacher Assessment
- Student Instructions for Crafts (2 versions)
- Parent Letter for Craft
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Craft Pieces (differentiated) & Examples
For more details, please download the PREVIEW.
You Might Also Be Interested In...