This 41-page set of pumpkin math materials includes activities for graphing, estimation, U.S. Customary Weight Conversions, Metric System Mass Conversions, mean, median, mode, range, and more. It can be used in multiple grade levels and is flexible for students to work independently, in pairs, or in groups. Students get a real kick out of using a real pumpkin to explore these math concepts, especially when they get to open it up and scoop out the seeds for the estimation and rounding activity. This is very comprehensive, and has items to help from the beginning planning stages, to the activities themselves, to a decorating contest at the end. Read more to find out what you'll get.
- teacher directions for each activity
- activities for graphing, estimation, U.S. Customary and Metric System Weight Conversions, Mean, Median, Mode, Range, and More
- student journal pages
- colorful teaching guides for each concept taught
- additional extension activities related to each concept with a key
- a letter to parents
- student grouping form,
- teacher planner
- pumpkin decorating contest ballots
Using real pumpkins for pumpkin math is such a fun way for students to learn about math. The extension activities require students to apply concepts to real life situations. They will do more than just basic computation.
Additional Holiday Resources:
Additional Popular Resources:
Thanks for stopping by!