I hope you enjoy this mini unit on Pumpkins. Please take a look at the preview to get an in-depth look at everything that is included.
1. Read a mini book on the life cycle of a pumpkin. Students read about the life cycle and answer a short question about what is written on each page.
2. Create a life cycle mini book – students take their knowledge about the pumpkin life cycle, and write and draw about the steps in their own words.
3. Pumpkin Life Cycle Sequence cut and paste activity
Identify pumpkin life cycle part by connecting the picture to its phase/name
4. Create a cute pumpkin life cycle hat by gluing the steps in order around the hat’s headband and top it off with an adorable pumpkin topper.
5. Parts of a pumpkin color poster for reference
6. Label parts of the pumpkin worksheet
7. Pumpkin addition color by code activity sheet
8.Pumpkin ten frame addition and subtraction number sentence problems
9. Spin a story – land on a specific character and plot using a paper clip and pencil. Use that information to write a short story.
10. Pumpkin Patch Adventure Creative Writing Story and Craft – Students write about an adventure with a pumpkin who comes alive in a pumpkin patch. Craft included to attach to the writing. Planning page included to think about the required 3 nouns, 2 verbs, and 2 adjectives students should include in the story.
11. Disguise a Pumpkin project and response sheet
12. Pumpkin Pie Pancakes recipe to cook with an adult!
How would you like to incorporate a fun and unique way to practice handwriting AND seasonal themed words? Check out my Fall Bundle Handwriting Scoot
Fall Bundle Handwriting Scoot
Take a look at these two cute Thanksgiving Craft- Turkey craft and writing and Pilgrim craft and writing.
Thanksgiving Craft and Write
Practice Nouns and Verbs with these 4 sets of Thanksgiving themed Scoot task cards!
Scoot Around the Room Nouns and Verbs