LEARNING IN THE PUMPKIN PATCH literacy and math centers can be used in the classroom as centers, engaging activities for early finishers, or add a bag and book for a fun take home learning bag.
1. On the Vine Letter Sequencing – Write the letter that comes between the two letters on the vine (2 pages)
2. Roll It, Say It, Keep It Game: Uppercase and lowercase letter identification (52 letter cards, 1 game board)
3. Pumpkin Phonics Say & Clip: Identify the initial consonant sound and place a clothespin on the pumpkin that identifies the beginning sound. (10 cards)
4. Pumpkin Patch Math Mats: Number identification and object counting 0-10 (11 cards)
*I use the acrylic pumpkins as well as pumpkin shaped erasers for my counters for this activity. I found them both in the Target Dollar Spot.
5. Tens and Ones Number Match: Match the cards with the ten sticks and ones cubes to the correct numeral card. Numbers 10-20 (11 tens/ones cards, 11 numeral cards)
6. Great Pumpkin Race: Size differentiation- Spin and draw the same sized pumpkin in its column. See what pumpkin makes it to the top first. (spinner and reproducible)
7. Roll and Cover: Counting and number identification game (2 game boards)
8. Pumpkin Life Cycle: Use the full color pumpkin life cycle mat to create your own cut and paste pumpkin life cycle page (color life cycle page and 2 reproducible pages)
9. Direction cards for all activities.