This unit is all about building literacy skills from creating an Emergent Reader to writing an original story.
Included in this unit;
* A six-page I See a Pumpkin emergent reader
* A fun activity -- Spin a picture, tell or write a story
* Two list making ativities:
* My pumpkin pie recipe
* What is inside this pumpkin
* A fall game; I'm thinking of some fall words . . .
This unit is intended for your literacy center so it includes a number of paper and pencil tasks. But it lends itself to some FUN imaginative hands-on activities:
• Scoop out a real pumpkin and make a class list of what's really inside but also a list of silly things for lots of laughs.
• Expand the "Spin a Picture, Tell a Story" game by acting out a story instead of tellng or writing it.
• Use the Fall Words pictures to get the kids moving by making a few sets for patterning or for a rousing game of hide and seek the fall words!
I hope you enjoy this free fall unit.
If you would take a few moments to rate me and leave a comment, I would really appreciate it. It helps a lot! And you get TpT credits toward purchases. They really add up!
Please FOLLOW me by clicking the STAR under my name. You'll receive a notification when I upload new products, including freebies!
With adaptation this unit is developmentally appropriate for prek through kindergarten and first grade.
Edna Wallace Lickety Split Lessons and Stuff