Add to your pumpkin week or unit plans with this flip book full of pumpkin activities for reading, science, and writing! This flip book is perfect to for students to record pumpkin observations, pumpkin life cycle, pumpkin facts, and more!
This flip book contains 5 different tabs with the following activities:
- Tab One: Pumpkin KWL Chart - use this tab at the beginning of your pumpkin unit or week for students to record what they know and want to know. At the end of the week/unit, let students add what they learned!
- Tab Two: Pumpkin Fact & Opinion - after learning and/or reading about pumpkin facts, have students color the fact pumpkins orange the opinion pumpkins yellow. They also have room to write in their own pumpkin fact.
- Tab Three: Pumpkin Story Sequence - choose your favorite fiction pumpkin book to read aloud, and have your students sequence the story using beginning, middle, and end.
- Tab Four: Pumpkin Life Cycle - I've included a paragraph that teaches about the pumpkin life cycle for students to read independently or with teacher guidance. Then, students color and label the pictures that demonstrate the pumpkin life cycle.
- Tab Five: Pumpkin Observations - bring in a pumpkin and have students use adjectives to describe the outside of the pumpkin. Then, cut open the top and let students pull out seeds and feel the inside. They will then draw and describe the inside of the pumpkin.
- Back page: Pumpkin Writing - use these lines for any pumpkin writing prompt you'd like.
I've also included step-by-step photo directions to show you how to copy and put together your flip books. You only will use 3 pieces of paper to put together each flip book!
Stay tuned for more seasonal flip books!