Students will have so much fun learning with these pumpkin STEM and literacy linked activities! I have included two different version of Sink or Float. One is for younger students that can't write and the other has lines for writing and the option to write their own question, prediction and observation. I use the included poem as shared reading the week I start these activities and use the challenges as an extension of our learning.
Here's what's included:
Sink or Float-2 different prediction and observation pages5 Pumpkins on a Gate Challenge #1-Challenge page- Example of challenge:Students will design a gate that will hold 5 pumpkins and withstand the wind.-Correlates with include poem.5 Pumpkins on a Gate Challenge# 2-Challenge page-Correlates with included poem.Spookley The Square Pumpkin Challenge-Challenge page- Correlates with the story, "The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin"-story not included
- 4 Candy Pumpkin STEM Challenges-Directions Included on Each Challenge Page
- "Five Pumpkins Sitting on a Gate" Poem with picture to color.
- Clipart to add to poem if you write it on chart paper for shared reading etc.
- "Five Pumpkins Sitting on a Gate" Poem with space for coloring the setting, characters etc.
- "Five Pumpkins on a Gate" Poem with boxes labeled Beginning, Middle, and End to draw the events of the poem in order.
- Materials list for each activity-They all require candy corn pumpkins. Everything needed is inexpensive such as popsicle sticks, tape, paper, clear cups, vinegar,
and Sprite and things you probably already have in your classroom!