Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This lesson introduces mosaic as a historical art form and incorporates elements such as symmetry, pattern and color theory to create a textured, relief artwork. Use pumpkin seeds and the leaf form, both representations of the autumn season, to create a symmetrical artwork showcasing pattern and warm and cool colors. Several great activities including a collaborative introduction activity, whole class and pair share discussions, and color mixing!
Please click the follow star and feedback is appreciated (earn TpT credit by leaving feedback)!
Included in this product:
• Lesson plan with step-by-step instruction
• Collaborative Introduction Activity
• PowerPoint with history of mosaic, emphasis on modern mosaic artists, links for amazing mosaic artist videos, and symmetry using organic forms and architectural visual examples
• Guided and independent practice activities
• Aesthetic critique pair share/group share activity with provided questions
You may also like:
By downloading this electronic file, you agree to the following terms:
• This product is intended for use solely by the customer who purchased it and their classroom.
• Redistribution, duplication or manipulation of this product is prohibited (instead, please share the link to my store).
Thank you for visiting my store!